Members provide essential support for:
- Daily maintenance of this irreplaceable estate
- A vibrant menu of annual programs and events
- A robust collection of local, historical artifacts
Memberships offer a win-win solution, providing you with discounts to programs and events while also maintaining this community treasure.
Using the estate for community programs, cultural events, and tours requires on-going preservation of the buildings, landscape, and infrastructure. Donations to the Preservation Fund ensure Brucemore’s permanence by funding preservation projects across the estate, including:
- Preserving historic structures important to our regional story
- Increasing opportunities to use the site for events and programs
- Creating more reliable electrical infrastructure for programs and performances
- Strengthening security around the estate to protect the priceless collection
- Recovering and replenishing the historic landscape
Join in preserving Brucemore’s legacy for future generations.
Volunteers serve an important role in telling Brucemore’s story. Join an inspired group of enthusiastic tour guides and event volunteers who help engage and educate the public by making every visit to Brucemore fascinating and fun. In return, you will experience the rewards of educating others and have access to special activities.
Pride and Preservation
Donations to Brucemore’s first capital campaign helped accelerate preservation projects across the estate. Over 700 individuals, businesses, foundations, and government entities gave to the campaign and invested in the organization’s future.
Our history reflects the economic growth of the city, and since 1981, the leading businesses in the region have helped keep Brucemore a vital and active setting for the enrichment of our community. Corporate sponsors help create dynamic and unique opportunities for visitors and regional residents while also increasing appreciation across the community for arts and history.
Fourth Family Fund
Brucemore completed a milestone goal to raise $100,000 for the Fourth Family Fund at the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation in December 2018. Through an Endowment Challenge Grant, the Community Foundation matched $75,000 in donations from 130 individual donors with an additional $25,000. This endowment fund will provide annual distributions to Brucemore in perpetuity to support preservation and program initiatives.