History for All
Brucemore inspires community interaction with history, preservation, and the arts. The 1880s mansion, six other historic structures, 26-acres of gardens and grounds, and tens of thousands of objects and archival documents serve as an irreplaceable foundation representing more than 130 years of history. Since 1981, more than one million people have visited the carefully preserved estate for community, cultural, and heritage programs.
Our vision is twofold:
- To expand the legacy of Brucemore’s families in making Iowa a better place to live, work, and visit.
- To model a balance of best practices in preservation and innovative use.
Are you passionate about history, preservation, or the arts? Get involved in supporting our mission and vision.
Administration and Finance
- David Janssen, Executive Director
- Kelly Costello, Business Manager
- Katie Benedix, Development Manager
- Rachel Potthoff, Preservation Project Manager
Buildings and Grounds
- David Morton, Director of Facilities
- Aaron Brewer, Historic Landscape Manager
- Blais Richards, Maintenance Specialist
- Scott Humeston, Seasonal Garden and Landscape Assistant
- Tara Richards, Director of Community Engagement
- Jessica Peel-Austin, Museum Program Manager
- Jerry Campbell, Manager of Visitor Services
- Jennifer Beall, Visitor Services Assistant
Board of Trustees
The National Trust for Historic Preservation, a non-profit organization based out of Washington D.C., owns the Brucemore buildings and landscape. The operation, which oversees care of the estate and programming efforts, are developed by Brucemore, Inc., a non-profit run by a local Board of Trustees.
2021 Board Officers
- Brian Fagan, President
- Doug Neumann, Vice President
- Kathy Hall, Secretary
- Kimberly Hillyard, Treasurer
2021 Board Members
- Brian Bergstrom
- Kevin Bruns
- Ryan Buresh
- Robert Cataldo
- Suzy DeWolf
- Kay Hegarty, Past President
- Tom Kaldenberg
- Mark Mathis III
- Doug Steinmetz
- Daniel Thies
Jobs & Internships
Brucemore’s team views history as a collection of diverse experiences and cultures that provides a better understanding of who we are today. We are committed to preserving this unique estate for future generations, and we embrace collaboration, integrity, and other core values in order to achieve the highest professional standards.
We do not currently have any open positions. If you are interested in participating in our mission, consider volunteering at Brucemore.
Brucemore is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.