History for All
Brucemore inspires community interaction with history, preservation, and the arts. The 1880s mansion, six other historic structures, 26-acres of gardens and grounds, and tens of thousands of objects and archival documents serve as an irreplaceable foundation representing more than 130 years of history. Since 1981, more than one million people have visited the carefully preserved estate for community, cultural, and heritage programs.
Our vision is twofold:
- To expand the legacy of Brucemore’s families in making Iowa a better place to live, work, and visit.
- To model a balance of best practices in preservation and innovative use.
Are you passionate about history, preservation, or the arts? Get involved in supporting our mission and vision.
- David Janssen, Chief Executive Officer
- Tara Richards, Chief Operating Officer
- Katie Benedix, Director of Business and Development
- Rachel Potthoff, Facilities Manager
- Jennifer Beall, Events and Communication Coordinator
- Greg Billman, Landscape Manager
- Megan Clevenger, Program and Outreach Manager
- Ashley Courtney, Office Administrator
- Scott Humeston, Site Maintenance Specialist
- David Morton, Curator of Landscape
- Jessica Peel-Austin, Curator of Museum Collections
- Liz Dietenberger, Visitor Services Assistant
- Madison Eberle, Visitor Services Assistant
- Glenna Houtz, Visitor Services Assistant
- Miki Miller, Bookkeeper
- Phil Nickerson, Visitor Services Assistant
- Buster Sullivan, Visitor Services Assistant
- Byanca Young, Visitor Services Assistant
Board of Trustees
The National Trust for Historic Preservation, a non-profit organization based out of Washington D.C., owns the Brucemore buildings and landscape. The operation, which oversees care of the estate and programming efforts, are developed by Brucemore, Inc., a non-profit run by a local Board of Trustees.
- Doug Neumann, President
- Lisha Coffey, Vice President
- Kevin Bruns, Secretary
- Ryan Buresh, Treasurer
- Brian Bergstrom
- Pat Deignan
- Shadia Igram
- Mark Mathis III
- Akwi Nji
- Carroll Reasoner
- Kristin Roberts
- Kim Schmidt
- Dr. Jennifer Smith
- Doug Steinmetz
Jobs & Internships
Brucemore does not currently have any openings.
Brucemore provides internship opportunities in a variety of disciplines, from museum studies to event management. We are excited to showcase our interns and their learning experience with Brucemore!