Holiday Nights: An Extended Self-Guided Tour
Join us for a special holiday nighttime experience!
Enjoy a chance to see the mansion by the glow of tree light. Experience the splendor of the 1886 Queen Anne mansion decorated for Christmas. Take a look at how the Douglas family lived more than a century ago while exploring the rooms at your own pace with your own group of 2 to 6 people.
This tour is a self-guided experience including the first, second, and third floors. Masks are required for all patrons over the age of two. Advance tickets required - purchase yours today.
- $15 per person; purchase by the group number desired.
- Brucemore members receive a $5 discount per order by logging in using the email associated with your membership. Call (319) 362-7375 for assistance or to purchase over the phone.
- Wednesday, December 2
- Thursday, December 3
- Wednesday, December 9 (sold out)
- Thursday, December 10 (sold out)
- Friday, December 11 (sold out)
- Sunday, December 13 (sold out)
- Wednesday, December 16
- Thursday, December 17 (sold out)
- Friday, December 18 (sold out)
- Saturday, December 19 (sold out)
- Sunday, December 20 (sold out)
Group Size: Groups will be limited to 2-6 people per entry time to allow physical distancing as a precaution for COVID-19. Select the appropriate ticket for your group size.
Unable to join us on a Wednesday or Thursday evening? View our calendar for other holiday options!
Sponsored by: GreatAmerica Financial Services and GreenState Credit Union
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Safety: Your safety and comfort are important to us.
- During this event, patrons (2+ years) will be required to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth.
- Please do not visit if you have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat, or have experienced symptoms like a fever, a loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea or fever in the last 72 hours.
- Please maintain a safe distance of at least six feet between your group, employees, and other visitors.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to you.
- Please wash your hands more frequently, avoid touching your face, and practice good respiratory etiquette like sneezing into your elbow rather than into the air.
- Visitors who do not respect social distancing, mask, or hand hygiene requirements may be refused service and asked to leave the site.
- Arrival: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE, and follow signs toward the mansion. There is on-site parking a short walk away.
- Capacity: Each entry time is limited to one group of 2-6 people to allow physical distancing between groups.
- Check-in: Please arrive at the mansion at your entry time. Groups will not be admitted early; attendees arriving late may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Guests will be asked to leave coats and large bags with staff at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.
- Ticket policies: Ticket sales are non-refundable and support Brucemore's mission. Exceptions may be requested for cases of illness or exposure to illness (see Safety above). A request to transfer the value of unused tickets into a tax-deductible contribution in support of Brucemore's mission or to exchange the value of the tickets to a different time of the same program, subject to availability must be made 24 hours prior to the program. Other policies may vary. Click here to read more.