- This event has passed.
In Her Steps: Women’s History Tour
March 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm$18
Many incredible women shaped Brucemore’s storied history. In recognition of Women’s History Month, join us on this 90-minute specialty tour of the mansion. From the woman who built the mansion to the woman who gifted it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the “In Her Steps” tour offers unique insight into the women of Brucemore. The tour will highlight the history of the estate while also discussing themes of labor, class, and philanthropy. Space is limited. The tour includes multiple flights of stairs.
Tickets for this special-themed tour are available for advance sale on our website. Space is limited and this tour frequently sells out.
- Thursday, March 9, 16, and 23 at 5:30 PM
- $18.00 Adult
- $10.00 Student (4+)
- Brucemore members receive a $5 discount per ticket. Please sign in using the link in the upper right corner to use your member discount on this purchase, or call (319) 362-7375.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Arrival and Parking: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Dr. SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. Follow signs towards the mansion, where there is on-site parking a short walk from the mansion entrance.
- Check-in: Please check in with staff at the mansion at the scheduled tour time on your ticket.
- Bags: You may wish to consider leaving bags or other items in your vehicle. A coat rack will be available, but it will not be monitored.
- Accessibility: This tour consists of substantial walking and standing. The historic mansion is not currently wheelchair accessible. There are several stairs to access the first floor, and several flights of stairs to see the other floors. Please make the best decision for the accessibility of your party with this knowledge.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks, or other photography equipment is not permitted. Photographs should not distract form other’s enjoyment.
- Ticket Policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please read our ticket policy here.
- Preservation in Action: Watch for areas throughout your visit to see preservation in action! This is an important part of ensuring the site remains part of the community for future generations. If you would like to donate to support these efforts, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2023 TOUR SEASON SPONSORS:
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Mercy Medical Center
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy