- This event has passed.
Donor Holiday Preview
November 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until November 20, 2022
Donors and Members of Brucemore are invited to enjoy special access during the Donor Holiday Preview, a sneak-peek of the holiday season. This is our way of saying thank you for your gifts that help us preserve this irreplaceable community treasure!
During the Donor Holiday Preview, enjoy the splendor of the 1886 Queen Anne mansion decorated in almost every room for Christmas while listening to music on the 1920s player pipe organ. Take a peek at how the Douglas family lived more than a century ago while exploring at your own pace. This self-guided experience features three floors plus basement Grizzly Bar and Tahitian Room with interpretive materials and family friendly interactives. Before or after your tour, put on your hat and gloves to visit the grounds at no additional cost. The mansion grounds include a formal garden, a white garden, orchard, pet cemetery, and more that are especially beautiful after a snowfall.
Donors can claim their two complimentary preview tickets and reserve a tour time beginning Wednesday, October 19, 2022 by contacting Brucemore via phone or email. Space per tour time is limited.
Donor Holiday Preview Dates/Times:
- Friday, November 18
- Saturday, November 19
- Sunday, November 20
- Timed entry every 30 minutes beginning at 1:00 p.m. with the last entry time at 3:00 p.m.
Looking for other options to experience the holiday season? View the calendar to see other upcoming dates and times.
Become a member today to be eligible for this offer!
Important information for your visit:
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE. There is on-site parking near the Visitor Center and mansion.
- Check-in: Arrive at the mansion at your entry time. Early admittance may not be possible due to limited space. Late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Please leave large bags in your car. Guests may be asked to leave coats and large bags at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time. There are several stairs to enter the mansion, and the tour will span four floors of the home. Please make the best decision for the accessibility of your party with this knowledge.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Safety: Masks are optional indoors and outdoors. Anyone who wishes to wear mask is encouraged to do so. Please exercise caution and stay home if you are feeling unwell or have recently been exposed to COVID. Read our full policy here.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy