On November 16, the state adopted new restrictions to help control the spread of COVID-19. Brucemore staff have continued to follow the available data and changes from a local to an international level on a regular basis to ensure we are making the right decisions for our community and our organization. The safety of every person at Brucemore is extremely important to us.
Staff immediately evaluated the programming that we had scheduled for the holiday season. Here is what you can expect if visiting this year is right for you.
Holiday tour options, including A Brucemore Christmas, A Children’s Christmas, and Holiday Nights:
- Masks are required at all times for ages 2+ inside the mansion and outdoors when physical distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible.
- One staff member will check-in the group by the name of the purchaser—tickets do not need to be exchanged—and provide a brief introduction before the group begins exploring.
- All tours are self-guided to allow the group to explore on their own and minimize contact between people outside your party. A tour booklet and signs throughout the rooms will include information on the spaces and artifacts.
- Capacity is extremely limited with timed entry for only one group of up to 6 people every 20 minutes. This will allow ample room for physical distancing between groups.
- Activities included as part of “A Children’s Christmas” are optional and designed to be self-directed.
- Tickets for all programs must be purchased in advance online or over the phone to minimize contact with our staff. Tickets cannot be purchased at the door.
Art at Brucemore: Glass Tree Workshop:
- Masks are required at all times in the Visitor Center and outdoors when physical distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- One staff member will check-in the group by the name of the purchaser—tickets do not need to be exchanged.
- Tickets purchased together under the same name will be seated at a table that is physically distanced by at least 6 feet from other tables.
- Each table will have its own dedicated supply of materials for the workshop.
- Capacity for each timed session is extremely limited with less than 15 participants seated in two separate rooms.
If visiting in person is not right for you at this time,
- View the online holiday-themed exhibit featuring special artifacts
- Visit the grounds, which are open daytime hours seven days a week