- This event has passed.
Music in the Courtyard
August 20 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, repeating until August 20, 2022
One event on August 11, 2022 at 7:30 pm
One event on August 18, 2022 at 7:30 pm
One event on August 21, 2022 at 7:30 pm
The August 19 performance has been canceled due to weather. Ticket holders will be contacted and invited to use their tickets during an an added weather make-up performance on Sunday, August 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Rooted in a 20 year tradition, Brucemore’s Music in the Courtyard series returns with two special shows designed by Brucemore’s Artisan in Residence, Gerard Estella. You’re invited to join us for these special features within the Artisan Studio series that provide talent professional opportunities to expand their careers and audiences a unique evening to relax outdoors amongst good company and enjoy listening to music under the stars.
- LOOKING IN: July 29* and 30 at 7:30 p.m.
- VOICES: August 5 and 6 at 7:30 p.m.
- LOOKING IN: August 11, 12*, and 13 at 7:30 p.m.
- VOICES: August 18*,
19*, 20*, and 21 (weather make-up for August 19) at 7:30 p.m.
- (*Sold out)
- Seating will be on a first come basis around 30″ cocktail tables
- $30 per individual seat | $25 per individual seat as a Brucemore member
- $100 per personal table for up to 4 people | $80 per personal table for up to 4 people as a Brucemore member
- $130 per personal table for up to 5 people | $105 per personal table for up to 5 people as a Brucemore member
- Tables cannot seat more than 5 people, but arrive together and find multiple tables together for groups of 6+
- To receive your discount as a Brucemore member, please “sign-in” using the link in the upper right corner or call (319) 362-7375 for assistance.
About LOOKING IN
Featuring Jordan Arnold, Jackson Bartelme, Kelsey Madsen with band Gerard Estella, Lincoln Ginsberg, and Greg Kanz.
LOOKING IN offers a musical glimpse at what drives us, what makes us human, and what makes us laugh, cry, smile, pout, and everything in between. This curated musical experience uses pieces crafted for stage, radio, tv, and film to form an eclectic collection of songs that weave the human story and connect us with one another.
Featuring Trevell Fisher, Valda SongBird Horton, and Kelan Young with band Jim Coates, Gerard Estella, Dave Nanke, and Shawndell Young
VOICES focuses on the beauty of the human voice and how music unifies regardless of culture or background. This curated ensemble will travel the gamut from classical to rock, from blues to country, and from the fields to the streets.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Safety: Masks are optional outdoors. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so. View our COVID policy here.
- Site Opening: The site will open at 7:00 p.m. for parking and seating. The performance will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Please arrive by 7:25 p.m. as the gate will close promptly. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
- Seating: Seating is a on first come basis at 30″ cocktail tables.
- Individual chairs will be seated at tables with other people who purchase individual seats.
- Tables for up to 4 or 5 people will have their own table.
- Tables are not available for 6 or more people, however, groups with 6 or more may try to find tables near one another.
- Food and Beverages: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages (beer and wine allowed) to enjoy in the performance venue beginning as early as 7:00 p.m. or throughout the show. Concessions will not be available for sale at this event.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed, with the exception of service animals.
- Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 5:00 p.m. and posted on Brucemore’s website and social media. Ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if tickets are available.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S SUMMER SEASON SPONSORS:
Cedar Grove Signature Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation Program Grant
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
GreenState Credit Union
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy