- This event has passed.
Live from the Artisan Studio: Vandello (postponed)
September 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15
The performance has been rescheduled for September 28 at 7:00 p.m. All patrons will be contacted and tickets will be transferred to this performance.
Take a peek behind the curtain and witness music in the making at Brucemore’s Live from the Artisan Studio series. Enjoy acoustic performances from up and coming artists and hear about their work at Brucemore’s exclusive Artisan Studio. Bring your own snacks and drinks for a fun and relaxed evening of music.
- $15 per adult in advance
- $10 per student in advance
- Brucemore members receive a discount – please “sign-in” using the link in the upper right corner or call (319) 362-7375.
About the Talent – Vandello
A little bit early jazz, a little bit modern swing, and a whole lot of fun, this cheeky trio is influenced by artists like Squirrel Nut Zippers, Caro Emerald, and Postmodern Jukebox, but their fresh take on vintage sounds is completely their own. Their original tunes run the gamut from bouncy and boozy to “dark…but with a wink”. Folks often enthusiastically ask the band after their first Vandello experience, “What the heck do you CALL that?” They call it Gypsy-Speakeasy. The Vandello trio includes Meghan Adam (lead vocals, cajon, percussion, kazoo), Jared Adam (Guitar, vocals, kazoo) and Darrick “Big D” Chadima” (upright bass, vocals). And it’s not uncommon to see the trio with some friends! Joining them at Brucemore will be Saul Lubaroff on saxophone and clarinet, and Al Fear on drums.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Safety: Unvaccinated people are encouraged to wear masks at outdoor events. People may choose to continue wearing a mask at any time and are expected be respectful of other people.Free masks will be available. View our COVID policy here.
- Seating: Bring your own blanket or chair. Spaces to allow distancing will be provided.
- Food and Beverages: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages (beer and wine allowed) to enjoy in the performance venue. Food and beverage will not be available for sale.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
- Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2021 SUMMER SEASON SPONSORS:
Cedar Grove Signature Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation$7,500 (Leader)
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
GreenState Credit Union
Dakota Red Corporation | King’s Material Inc. | Hawkeye Ready Mix
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
Corridor Business Journal
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy