- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Art at Brucemore: Bowl of Plenty
May 13 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$35
This event has been cancelled. Please consider registering for our June workshop.
Embrace your creativity!
Brucemore is partnering with the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio to bring a one-of-a-kind workshop to Art at Brucemore! A “Bowl of Plenty” is a common symbol found throughout homes built in the late 19th and early 20th century. A symbol of abundance and hospitality and typically filled with fruits and nuts, you will find several Bowls of Plenty at Brucemore – in the mansion and around the estate. In this workshop, participants will create their own Bowl of Plenty, including what fills the bowl. Hand build your unique bowl and then decide what types of fruit, nuts, and foliage you want to mold and place inside your Bowl of Plenty!
This workshop is hosted in the Brucemore Visitor Center. All instructions and materials are provided during the workshop. Following the workshop, the instructor will take the projects to the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio for firing in their kiln. Brucemore will notify participants when their creations are ready for pick-up from the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio, approximately three weeks following the class date.
Reserve your spot by Wednesday, May 10 at 5 PM.
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
Time: Workshops begin at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Admission: $35 per person (includes all materials and instructions).
This event is held in partnership with the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Arrival and Parking: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Dr. SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. Follow signs towards the Visitor Center, where there is on-site parking.
- Check-in: Please check-in with Brucemore staff at the Visitor Center.
- Bags: We will have a coat rack where you are able to leave items. It will not be monitored during the workshop. You may wish to consider leaving bags or other items in your vehicle.
- Location: This workshop is held at the Brucemore Visitor Center
- Capacity: This workshop is limited to 16 participants per workshop time. Additional class times may be offered as ticket sales progress.
- Ticket Policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please read our ticket policy here.
- Explore: Visitors are encourage to explore Brucemore during the visit. Take a walk around the grounds, or check our events calendar to see what tours are available.
- Preservation in Action: Watch for areas throughout your visit to see preservation in action! This is an important part of ensuring the site remains part of the community for future generations. If you would like to donate to support these efforts, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S SUMMER SEASON SPONSORS WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO SHARE THE ESTATE WITH OUR CULTURAL PARTNERS:
Cedar Grove Signature Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy