Art at Brucemore: Jungle Animal Trinket Bowl
June 10 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm$35
Embrace your wild side!
Brucemore is partnering with the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio to bring a wild workshop to Art at Brucemore, just in time for Theatre Cedar Rapids’ production of Madagascar: A Musical Adventure at Brucemore! In this class, you will sculpt a trinket bowl inspired by the characters of Madagascar – a lion, a zebra, a hippo, or a giraffe. These trinket bowls are good for holding all sorts of items, including candy, keys, loose change, or even a succulent. When you are finished with your project, remember to “Move it, move it!” over to Theatre Cedar Rapids’ website to purchase tickets to see Madagascar: A Musical Adventure, showing at Brucemore from July 7-23, 2023.
This workshop is hosted in the Brucemore Carriage House. All instructions and materials are provided during the workshop. Following the workshop, the instructor will take the projects to the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio for firing in their kiln. Brucemore will notify participants when their creations are ready for pick-up from the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio, approximately three weeks following the class date.
Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: Workshops begin at 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm
Admission: $35 per person (includes all materials and instructions).
This event is held in partnership with the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Arrival and Parking: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Dr. SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. Follow signs towards the Carriage House, where there is on-site parking.
- Check-in: Please check-in with Brucemore staff at the Carriage House.
- Bags: We will have a coat rack where you are able to leave items. It will not be monitored during the workshop. You may wish to consider leaving bags or other items in your vehicle.
- Location: This workshop is held at the Brucemore Carriage House.
- Capacity: This workshop is limited to 16 participants per workshop time. Additional class times may be offered as ticket sales progress.
- Ticket Policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please read our ticket policy here.
- Explore: Visitors are encourage to explore Brucemore during the visit. Take a walk around the grounds, or check our events calendar to see what tours are available.
- Preservation in Action: Watch for areas throughout your visit to see preservation in action! This is an important part of ensuring the site remains part of the community for future generations. If you would like to donate to support these efforts, click here.
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy