Theatre Cedar Rapids Live and Outdoors at Brucemore’s Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater
Sondheim’s witty, brilliant masterpiece. Desiree Armfeldt, a famous actress, is weary of her life on the road. A chance encounter with an old flame sets in motion a tangle of love affairs, leading to a magical weekend in the country where confusion rules, jealousies flare, and passionate desire reigns. A romantic comedy of errors.
Winner of three Tony Awards including Best Musical, A Little Night Music is a sumptuous, sexy, laugh-out-loud masterpiece that will leave outdoor audiences thoroughly enchanted. Join us at beautiful Brucemore for TCR’s outdoor summer production of A Little Night Music — August 11-27.
Book by Hugh Wheeler. Original Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
- Friday – Sunday, August 11 – 13 at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursdays – Sundays, August 17 – 20 and 24 – 27 at 7:00 p.m.
- Tickets are sold through the Theatre Cedar Rapids box office
- Tickets are $20 (student), and $32 (adult). All ticket purchases are subject to a $3 processing fee.
- Brucemore donors receive a discount. Contact Brucemore via email or by phone at (319) 362-7375 to receive a special code.
- TCR subscribers receive a 25% discount. Discount codes are sent via email and may be used at checkout online. Subscribers may also email the TCR box office to redeem this benefit.
Theatre Cedar Rapids Box Office:
Hours: Mon-Fri 12pm-5pm
102 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Site Opening: The site will open at 6:15 p.m. for parking and seating. The performance begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead-end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
- Seating: Lawn space is on a first-come basis. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own chairs or blankets.
- Show Run Time: Approximately two hours. There will be one 15 minute intermission.
- Food and Beverage/What to Bring: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages to enjoy in the performance venue. Concessions will also be for sale. Bug spray, blankets, and other items to make your outdoor experience more enjoyable will also be available.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
- Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 4:15 p.m. and ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if possible.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S SUMMER SEASON SPONSORS WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO SHARE THE ESTATE WITH OUR CULTURAL PARTNERS:
Program Support Grant Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Cedar Grove Signature Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy