Guided Mansion Tours
A visit to Brucemore explores more than 130 years of Eastern Iowa history. Tour offerings include the standard tour of the 21-room mansion and special-teme options such as behind-the-scenes, servant life, garden and landscape, organ music, and other seasonal offerings.
On our standard tour, follow a guide through the Queen Anne mansion and investigate the art, furnishings, technology, architecture, surrounding landscape, and stories preserved at Brucemore.
From the day after Thanksgiving through the end of the calendar year, enjoy holiday cheer throughout the mansion, including the seasonal splendor of glowing trees, a dining room set for Christmas dinner, stunning mantel arrangements, and lush garland adorning the grand staircase.
What you need to know:
- Visit the Calendar for upcoming tour opportunities, admission fees, and ticket information.
- Tickets can be purchased online or on site based on availability. Advance ticket purchase is recommended as tours sell out, especially during periods of high demand.
- Admission fees vary by tour program, season, and ticket type.
- Groups of 16 or more require three weeks' notice for scheduling. For more information on elementary tours and group tours, as well as to request a time, click here.
- Photography is not allowed in the mansion.
- The first floor is accessible for visitors with limited mobility; however, an elevator is not available for the basement, second, or third floors.
- Brucemore is closed in January and February for preservation and maintenance.
PARDON OUR DUST!
The south side of the mansion, which is also the location of the visitor entrance for the mansion, is undergoing very important preservation work through the end of 2019. We appreciate your patience and understanding as you arrive for your tour and access the mansion. Signage on the construction fence will help guide you to the entrance.