Live and Outdoors at Brucemore’s Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater.
Alex the lion is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York’s Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends – Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe and Gloria the hippo – have spent their whole lives in blissful captivity before an admiring public and with regular meals provided for them. Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty lets his curiosity get the better of him and makes his escape – with the help of some prodigious penguins – to explore the world. Fun for the whole family!
Filled with outlandish characters, adventure galore and upbeat music, Madagascar leaves audiences no choice but to “Move It, Move It!” Join us at beautiful Brucemore for TCR’s outdoor summer production of Madagascar – A Musical Adventure — July 7-23.
Book by Kevin Del Aguila. Original Music and Lyrics by George Noriega and Joel Someillan.
- Friday – Sunday, July 7- 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursdays – Sundays, July 13 – 16 and 20 – 23 at 6:30 p.m.
- Tickets are sold through the Theatre Cedar Rapids box office
- Tickets are $10 (youth 2 and under), $15 (youth 3-12), and $25 (adults). All ticket purchases are subject to a $3 processing fee.
- Brucemore donors receive a discount. Contact Brucemore via email or by phone at (319) 362-7375 to receive a special code.
- TCR subscribers receive a 25% discount. Discount codes are sent via email and may be used at checkout online. Subscribers may also email the TCR box office to redeem this benefit.
Theatre Cedar Rapids Box Office:
Hours: Mon-Fri 12pm-5pm
102 3rd Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Site Opening: The site will open at 5:45 p.m. for parking and seating. The performance begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Parking: The only gate that will open to vehicles for on-site parking is at 2160 Linden Drive SE. Signage will direct you to open spaces near the Visitor Center. (Parking is not available on Dows Lane, the dead-end road adjacent to Brucemore.)
- Seating: Lawn space is on a first-come basis. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own chairs or blankets.
- Show Run Time: Approximately one hour. There will be no intermission.
- Food and Beverage/What to Bring: You are welcome to bring your own light snacks and beverages to enjoy in the performance venue. Concessions will also be for sale. Bug spray, blankets, and other items to make your outdoor experience more enjoyable will also be available.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed, excluding service animals.
- Weather: The event occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. If the event needs to be delayed or rescheduled due to weather, a decision will be made by 4:15 p.m. and ticket holders will be notified by phone. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another date if possible.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S SUMMER SEASON SPONSORS WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR US TO SHARE THE ESTATE WITH OUR CULTURAL PARTNERS:
Program Support Grant Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Cedar Grove Signature Fund of the Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy