As a thank you for your generosity and support, we invite Brucemore donors to a special holiday preview the week before we open to the public. This self-guided tour of the mansion is sure to fill you with holiday cheer!
Be among the first to explore our award-winning holiday experience complete with over a dozen Christmas trees, sparkling décor, and a peek into the holiday seasons of yore at Brucemore. This self-guided experience features three floors plus basement Grizzly Bar and Tahitian Room with interpretive materials and family friendly interactives. Before or after your tour, put on your hat and gloves to visit the grounds at no additional cost. The mansion grounds include a formal garden, a white garden, orchard, pet cemetery, and more that are especially beautiful after a snowfall.
Donors can claim their two complimentary preview tickets and reserve a tour time beginning Wednesday, October 11, 2023 by contacting Brucemore via phone or email. Space per tour time is limited. Additional tickets may be purchased, subject to availability.
Donor Holiday Preview Dates/Times:
- Friday, November 17 | Timed entry every 30 minutes beginning at 1:00 p.m. with the last entry time at 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 18 | Timed entry every 30 minutes beginning at 1:00 p.m. with the last entry time at 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19 | Timed entry every 30 minutes beginning at 4:00 p.m. with the last entry time at 7:00 p.m.
Looking for other options to experience the holiday season? View the calendar to see other upcoming dates and times.
Become a member today to be eligible for this offer!
Important information for your visit:
- Tour: This is a self-guided experience of four floors of the mansion and includes the basement Tahitian Room and Grizzly Bar. An informational tour booklet and QR codes that link to stories of Brucemore’s history are available to supplement your experience. Staff and volunteers will also be available to answer questions!
- Arrival: Please arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. There is on-site parking near the Carriage House and mansion.
- Check-in: Patrons who scheduled tickets in advance should arrive at the mansion at the entry time listed on their ticket. Early admittance may not be possible due to limited capacity. Late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: There will be a coat rack for this event; however, items will not be monitored and are left at your own risk. You may wish to consider leaving large bags or other items in your vehicle.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not currently wheelchair accessible due to preservation work. There are several stairs to access the first floor, and several flights of stairs to see the other floors. Please make the best decision for the accessibility of your party with this knowledge.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Ticket Policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please view our ticket policy here.
- Preservation in Action: Watch for areas throughout your visit to see preservation in action! This is an important part of ensuring the site remains part of the community for future generations. If you would like to donate to support these efforts, click here.
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy