- This event has passed.
$5 Spring Break Tours!
March 16 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm$5
Discover over a century of Cedar Rapids history during Spring Break at Brucemore! From Thursday, March 16 through Sunday, March 19, tour admission for self-guided tours is the “student” rate for all visitors! Whether you are young or simply young at heart, everyone is a kid when they visit Brucemore during spring break. Tickets for tours of the mansion are available for advance sale on our website. Guests may also purchase tickets the day of their visit, subject to availability. Tour entry times are limited and can sell out. Following your tour, Brucemore welcomes you to explore the 26-acres of grounds and gardens on your own at no additional cost.
Self-Guided Tours of the mansion are available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:30 am – 3:00 pm and Sunday from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Use the provided tour book with information to start your experience and read stories about what the spaces reflect or how they were used. Interact with hands-on opportunities and ask questions of the knowledgeable staff and volunteers. Admission for a self-guided tour of the mansion is $5 for everyone March 16-19!
Click here to purchase tickets for a Self-Guided Mansion Tour during Spring Break!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Brucemore Members: Admission to self-guided tours is free for Brucemore members. Please sign in using the link in the upper right corner to use your member discount on this purchase, or call (319) 362-7375.
- Arrival and Parking: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Dr. SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403. Follow signs towards the mansion, where there is on-site parking a short walk from the mansion entrance (Note: The Visitor Center with exhibits and souvenir shop are closed in March and April.)
- Check-in: Please check in with staff at the mansion at the scheduled entry time on your ticket.
- Bags: We will have a coat rack where you are able to leave items. It will not be monitored during the tour. You may wish to consider leaving bags or other items in your vehicle.
- Accessibility: This tour consists of substantial walking and standing. The historic mansion is not currently wheelchair accessible due to preservation work. There are several stairs to access the first floor, and several flights of stairs to see the other floors. Please make the best decision for the accessibility of your party with this knowledge.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks, or other photography equipment is not permitted. Photographs should not distract form other’s enjoyment.
- Ticket Policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please read our ticket policy here.
- Preservation in Action: Watch for areas throughout your visit to see preservation in action! This is an important part of ensuring the site remains part of the community for future generations. If you would like to donate to support these efforts, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2023 TOUR SEASON SPONSORS:
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Mercy Medical Center