Irene Douglas supported regional artists, sometimes before they became internationally famous like Grant Wood. The Brucemore Store follows in her footsteps by featuring a variety of products from Iowa artisans.
When searching for unique gifts this holiday season, remember the Brucemore Store where you too can become a patron of regional talent. You never know, they might become famous too!
The Iowa Artist Program includes work by:
- Darrek Benish (Cedar Rapids): Hand-blown glass art
- Carol Gaustad (Decorah): Hand-painted silk scarves inspired by the four seasons
- David Kesler (Cedar Rapids): Brucemore-engraved pens and bowls made from fallen trees on the estate
- Peggy and Steve Kittelson (Clermont): Handcrafted kaleidoscopes made of kiln-formed glass and hand turned hardwoods
- Karess Knudtson (Milford): Photographs transformed with encaustic painting and upcycled materials
- Christine Minear (Cresco): Textured and metallic-glazed pots
- Mel Myers (Spencer): Intricately decorated, hand-carved clay bowls, vases, and containers
- Rick Scheffert (Calmar): Nature-inspired pottery
- Heather Wagner (Cedar Rapids): One-of-a-kind, hand-painted Brucemore-themed ornaments