Meet the women who shaped Brucemore!
Many incredible women shaped Brucemore’s storied history. In recognition of Women’s History Month, join us on this 90-minute staff-led specialty tour which highlights the history of the estate and discusses themes of labor, class, and philanthropy. From the woman who built the mansion to the woman who gifted it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the In Her Steps tour offers unique insight into the women of Brucemore.
Tickets for this special themed tour are available for advanced sale only. Space is limited and this tour frequently sells out.
What to do when you arrive
- Please enter through the gate at 2160 Linden Dr. SE., Cedar Rapids, IA 52403.
- Once onsite, follow signs towards the mansion. There is on-site parking a short walk from the mansion entrance.
- Please check in with staff at the mansion at the time on your ticket. Enter the mansion through the front door on the south side of the building.
Tips for your visit
- Please consider leaving bags or other large personal items in your vehicle. A coat rack is available, but it is not monitored.
- Tours of the mansion consist of substantial walking and standing. The historic mansion is not currently wheelchair accessible. There are several stairs to access the first floor, and several flights of stairs to see the other floors. Please make the best decision for the accessibility of your party with this knowledge.
- Early admittance may not be available during peak tour times. If you arrive onsite more than 10 minutes before a scheduled tour, please enjoy exploring the grounds before entering the mansion.
- If you miss your tour start time, you may be subject to a shortened tour or asked to join another tour time that day, subject to availability.
- All ticket sales are non-refundable. Please read our ticket policy here.
- Photography is allowed inside the mansion for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks, or other photography equipment are not permitted. Please read our photo policy here.
- Thursday, March 7 at 5:30 PM
- Thursday, March 14 at 5:30 PM
- Thursday, March 21 at 5:30 PM
- $18.00 Adult
- $10.00 Student (4+)
- Brucemore donors receive a $5 discount per ticket.
- A $4.00 processing fee will be applied to all online and phone orders.