Job and Internships Opportunities
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed beginning February 12. Open until filled.
Assist in a broad range of garden and landscape maintenance activities to support the 26-acre Brucemore estate, which includes formal and specialty gardens, wooded areas, a pond, and two greenhouses.
Deadline: Open until filled.
Facilitate, deliver, and monitor guided tours of the historic mansion.
Academic Year Internships
Part of our collaboration with local educational institutions is through resume-building internships and short-term projects. Because Brucemore has a small staff, interns have the opportunity for invaluable hands-on professional experience tailored to fit their individual talents and interests. Past internship projects have included the activities listed below.
Collections and Museum Projects:
- Historical research
- Design and execution of exhibits
- Coordinating educational programming,
- Managing museum collections and digitizing archives
- Collecting oral histories
- Writing press releases and other text for a variety of promotional materials
- Developing social media and online marketing
- Designing and producing numerous marketing resources
- Distributing information to media outlets, organizations, and welcome centers
- Organizing and participating in event production
- Box office management
- Front of house operations and customer service
- Instructing and working with volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Unpaid internships are offered year-round. A paid Marketing and Events internship is offered May through August; instructions will be posted in December with applications due mid-January.
How to apply
For more information on internship opportunities, please email a description of interests, along with resume and cover letter.