Job and Internships Opportunities
Manager of Interpretation and Collections
Brucemore, Inc., seeks a museum professional to carry out the site’s interpretive program. The Manager of Interpretation and Collections will supervise heritage-based experiences, including guided and self-guided tours, exhibits, and school programs; lead the design and execution of innovative historic site experiences; conduct, collect, and maintain research related to the site’s history; submit and manage requests for related grant funding; and oversee basic care of the site’s collection of art, furnishings, and archival resources.
Academic Year Internships
Part of our collaboration with local educational institutions is through resume-building internships and short-term projects. Because Brucemore has a small staff, interns have the opportunity for invaluable hands-on professional experience tailored to fit their individual talents and interests. Past internship projects have included the activities listed below.
Collections and Museum Projects:
- Historical research
- Design and execution of exhibits
- Coordinating educational programming,
- Managing museum collections and digitizing archives
- Collecting oral histories
- Writing press releases and other text for a variety of promotional materials
- Developing social media and online marketing
- Designing and producing numerous marketing resources
- Distributing information to media outlets, organizations, and welcome centers
- Organizing and participating in event production
- Box office management
- Front of house operations and customer service
- Instructing and working with volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Unpaid internships are offered year-round. A paid Marketing and Events internship is offered May through August; instructions will be posted in December with applications due mid-February.
How to apply
To apply for an unpaid internship, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.