Brucemore's COVID-19 Response
We have been continuing to monitor available information and recommendations from the CDC and State of Iowa to help prevent the spread of Coronovirus (COVID-19). Brucemore remains focused on the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, staff, and community. We ask that anyone who visits the site observes the following guidelines:
Please do not visit if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat right now, or have experienced symptoms like a fever, a new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea or fever in the last 48 hours.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least six feet between your group, employees, and other visitors near you while at Brucemore.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available for ticketed tours and programs.
- Please wash your hands more frequently, avoid touching your face, practice good respiratory etiquette like sneezing into your elbow rather than into the air.
- Ticket programs will have limited capacity that must be followed.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks or coverings over their nose and mouth when social distancing is not possible. Some programs and events will require a mask to be worn.
- Visitors who do not respect spatial distancing, hand hygiene requirements, or wearing a mask when expected may be refused service and asked to leave the site.
Each tour and program will be specially adapted so please visit the program on the calendar for specific information regarding mitigation strategies.
At this time, all Brucemore buildings, with the exception of the public restrooms located in the building next to the Visitor Center, will be closed to the public. Increased cleaning is scheduled for this space.
During this time, staff have greatly reduced office hours to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Staff will respond to voicemail messages and emails as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience at this time.