Brucemore's COVID-19 Response
We have been continuing to monitor available information and recommendations from the CDC and State of Iowa to help prevent the spread of Coronovirus (COVID-19). Brucemore remains focused on the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, staff, and community. We ask that anyone who visits the site observes the following guidelines:
- Please do not visit if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat right now, or have experienced symptoms like a fever, a new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea or fever in the last 48 hours.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks or coverings over their nose and mouth when social distancing is not possible. Masks are required inside all buildings and some programs will require a mask to be worn.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least six feet between your group, employees, and other visitors near you while at Brucemore.
- Ticket programs will have limited capacity that must be followed.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available for ticketed tours and programs.
- Please wash your hands more frequently, avoid touching your face, practice good respiratory etiquette like sneezing into your elbow rather than into the air.
- Visitors who do not respect spatial distancing, hand hygiene requirements, or wearing a mask when expected may be refused service and asked to leave the site.
Each tour and program will be specially adapted so please visit the program on the calendar for specific information regarding mitigation strategies.
At this time, some Brucemore buildings such as the Visitor Center, which includes the welcome exhibit and gift shop, will be closed to the public.
During this time, staff have adapted office hours to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Staff will respond to voicemail messages and emails as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience at this time.