A Modern Salon
Join SPT Theatre and special guests Alex Schulte and Adam Witte for a lively evening of hilarious stories, engaging conversation, and outstanding music centered around the theme.
Emulating the Parisian salons at the turn of the twentieth century, A Modern Salon is held in the mansion’s Great Hall, where Brucemore’s second family, the Douglases, frequently entertained guests. Enjoy hor d'oeuvres and desserts from Wright Touch Bake Shoppe, and a tasting of wines from 1st Avenue Wine House.
SPT Theatre was founded by Doug Elliott, Gerard Estella, Janelle Lauer, and Jane Pini, four local performing artists looking to expand artistic opportunities for both performers and audiences in the Cultural Corridor. They have dazzled audiences with their original productions throughout the area.
Sponsored by: King's Material
Floral Sponor: The Flower Shop at Cedar Memorial
- January 10, 7:30 p.m.
January 11, 7:30 p.m. (sold out)
- January 17, 7:30 p.m. (sold out)
- January 18, 7:30 p.m.
- January 19, 7:30 p.m.
- January 24, 7:30 p.m. (sold out)
- January 25, 7:30 p.m. (sold out)
- $40 per Brucemore member in advance
- $45 per person in advance
- $50 per person after 3:30 p.m. day-of (if available)
- Space is limited each night.
- In January and February when the Visitor Center is closed for maintenance and deep-cleaning, tickets are available online or over the phone at 319-362-7375.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Parking: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE. There is self-parking near the mansion.
- Check-in: The mansion will open at 7:00 p.m. Please do not arrive early as there isn't room to wait inside.
- Accessibility: The performance occurs on the first floor of the mansion.
- Capacity: 64 people per performance
- Intermission: This performance will include one 20-minute intermission.
- Seating: Seating is provided in a lecture-style format. Seating is on a first come basis.
- Food and beverage: Selections of wine and soft drinks along with light appetizers will be available from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. Dessert, champagne, and coffee will be served during intermission.
- Will Call: If you selected Will Call, your tickets will be available at the mansion.
- Photography: Photography is not allowed in the mansion.
- Coats and bags: We will have a coat rack where you are able to leave things at your own risk. It will not be monitored. You may wish to consider leaving large bags or other items in your vehicle.
- Ticket policies: All ticket sales are non-refundable. Tickets to Brucemore produced programs may be returned up to 24 hours prior to the program as a tax-deductible contribution or as an exchange for a different date or time of the same program, subject to availability. Other policies may vary. Click here to read more.