Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre: The Desert Song
When: Thu June 13 - Sun June 16, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Where: Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater at Brucemore
- Thu June 13, 7:30pm
- Fri June 14, 7:30pm
- Sat June 15, 7:30pm
- Sun June 16, 7:30pm
The Desert Song
Set in Morroco, this fun 1926 operetta is a tale of intrigue that follows the mild-mannered professor Paul Bonnard who is, secretly, the mysterious, romantic, and courageous Red Shadow.by Romburg, Hammerstein II, Harback and Mandel at Brucemore.
Performance and Ticket Information
- Tickets on sale in May, 2019!
- Performances June 13, 14, 15, and 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Advance pricing is available until 3:30 p.m. the day of the performance. Tickets will be available at the gate for $30 (no discounts available).
- Parking is available on-site beginning at 6:30 p.m. by entering the property at 2160 Linden Drive SE
- Tickets are non-refundable. See weather and refund policy linked above.
- Audiences are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, picnics, and beverages.
- No pets allowed.
About the Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre
Since 1998, the Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre has been committed to bringing high quality, professional opera productions to eastern Iowa. Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre presents two to three operas each season as well as several special events. American artists and international artists are featured singers in our productions. They perform at diverse venues, including locations in the communities of Cedar Rapids, Coralville, Iowa City and Waterloo-Cedar Falls.