Hired Help Tour
When: Thu April 18 - Thu April 25, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Thu April 18, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Thu April 25, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Discover the lives of Brucemore's domestic servants in the early twentieth century. Consider what it was like to live and work on one of Iowa's grandest estates while discovering the servants' living quarters and the Servants' Village, an area only open to the public during this tour. Documents, photographs, and other materials from Brucemore's collections enrich visitors' understanding of the relationships between the employers and their staff.
- Avance admission is $10.00 per Brucemore members/student. Member discounts available based on level - please "sign-in" using the link in the upper right corner to apply member discounts or call (319) 362-7375.
- Advance admission is $15.00 for non-members.
- All tickets the day of (if available) are $20.00.
- Space is limited.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- This tour begins at the Visitor Center. The Visitor Center will open at 5:00 p.m. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start time to check-in.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges for another date or time must be requested a minimum of 72 hours in advance; these requests will be accommodated as space allows.
- Specialty tours can accommodate up to 16 people per time slot.
- Photography is not allowed inside the mansion.
- This tour is not recommended for children or individuals who have difficulty walking or climbing stairs.
- Please dress according to weather as part of the tour occurs outside.