Classics at Brucemore: Picnic
When: Thu July 12 - Sat July 21, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Where: Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater at Brucemore
Grab a blanket, lawn chair, and picnic and enjoy an evening of outdoor theater in the natural amphitheater at Brucemore!
Picnic by William Inge
Directed by: Rachel K. Howell
Performance and Ticket Information:
- Tickets are now on sale!
- Performances July 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, and 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Parking is available on-site beginning at 6:30 p.m. by entering the property at 2160 Linden Drive SE
- $15 per Brucemore member or student ticket purchased in advance
- $20 per adult purchased in advance
- $25 per ticket purchased the day of the show. Tickets available at the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable. See weather and refund policy linked above.
- Audiences are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, picnics, and beverages.
- No pets allowed.
Sponsored by: Rockwell Collins
About the Classics at Brucemore:
The Classics at Brucemore began as collaboration between Torchlight Theatrics and Brucemore in 1996, thus launching outdoor theatre in Eastern Iowa. The Classics celebrates a rich history of quality live theatre, from Greek tragedy to Shakespearean comedy and 20th century American drama. Much more than a play performed outdoors, the Classics fully utilizes the site as the natural amphitheater provides a lush backdrop and the outdoor environment is incorporated into the action — actors emerge from the woods, get dunked in the pond, and help themselves to the audience’s picnics.
Photo by Struttmann Photo