Cabaret in the Courtyard: songstress
When: Thu August 17 - Sat August 19, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Where: Brucemore Courtyard
- Thu August 17, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Fri August 18, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Sat August 19, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Advance Adult Tickets - Members - $20.00
- Advance Adult Tickets - Non-Members - $25.00
- All Tickets Day Of (if available) - $30.00
Brucemore Ticket and Weather Policy
- An event may be canceled by Brucemore if, in its sole judgment, extreme weather or other conditions could jeopardize the safety of visitors, volunteers, performers, and staff. Generally, rain or snow flurries would not lead the event to be canceled; however, extremely heavy rain, thunder and lightning, very strong wind, blizzard conditions, heavy icing, or a prediction of such conditions could force the event to be canceled.
- Outdoor performances may be delayed to allow for the passing of a brief shower or may continue as scheduled during a light rain. If staff determines that conditions warrant canceling an event, a message will be posted on Brucemore's website and voicemail. Local media will be notified and asked to make an announcement.
- If Brucemore cancels before the event, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available) or a request may be made to credit the value of the tickets as a tax-deductible contribution to Brucemore.
- If an event is in progress, every effort will be made to complete the performance in progress.
- If a performance is canceled before intermission, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available). There are no ticket refunds or exchanges for shortened, interrupted, or delayed performances past intermission.
- All sales are final. No refunds are available. However, returned tickets may qualify as a tax deductible donation if returned to Brucemore before the event begins.
This August, see and hear what happens when Brucemore celebrates the 15th year of Cabaret in the Courtyard. The back-to-back weekends will feature two different performances created specifically for Brucemore.
Dates: August 10 - 12, 7:30 p.m.
in the key of A
featuring Abby, Amy, and Alisabeth
Dates: August 17 - 19, 7:30 p.m.
featuring Anna, Heather, and Kelsey
songstress – a female singer, a female storyteller, a female voice or vocalist.
songstress - a musical experience featuring Anna Caryn Barnts, Kelsey Madsen, and Heather Stück.
Keeping the Courtyard jumping, the following weekend is songstress , a new musical experience created for Anna, Kelsey, and Heather to spotlight the music that has touched them and inspired them to go forward and create, perform, and live their art and in doing so give insight into how music moves us all.
Anna Barnts, a native Cedar Rapidian has a “velvet raspy smoke” quality to her voice that has served her well in musical theater productions and on the band stage. A veteran of being both the headliner in the show and backing the headliner, Anna brings grace, charm, and emotion to every word she sings.
Kelsey Madsen, another Cedar Rapids native who has gone off and followed her musical dreams, is coming back home for this Cabaret in the Courtyard. As a performer, she has toured the world with Holland America and is currently performing in New York. She has the ability to “…blow the doors down with the power in her voice but also to make you lean forward to catch every whisper.”
New to the shores of the Cedar River, Heather Stück brings the sass, the jazz, and the pop to go with it. Heather is in a duo called Colleen, who just released their first EP and is gearing up for the supporting tour and future releases to go along with it. While in an alternative electronic group, Heather has a deep love for the classic American songbook and Broadway.
There is no repetition in what each performer is capable of but together they will produce a truly complimentary and collaborative sound which will draw you in and have you singing along. You may not know them yet but you really should, songstress.
Performance and Ticket information:
- Performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Parking is available on-site beginning at 7:00 p.m. by entering the property at 2160 Linden Drive SE
- Advance ticket prices
- $20 per Brucemore member purchased in advance
- $25 per adult purchased in advance
- $30 per ticket purchased the day of the show, if available.
- Tickets are non-refundable. See weather and refund policy linked above.
- Groups of five or more with tickets purchased by one person will have a reserved table under the ticket purchaser’s name. Groups of five or more who purchase tickets by multiple people will be seated together as space allows.
- Seating around tables provided for all patrons.
- Audiences are encouraged to bring their favorite beverages; small coolers that fit under a chair allowed).
- No pets allowed.
Sponsors: Bankers Trust and UFG Insurance
Media Sponsor: Corridor Business Journal