Cabaret in the Courtyard: in the key of A
When: Thu August 10 - Sat August 12, 7:30pm
Where: Brucemore Courtyard
- Thu August 10, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Fri August 11, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Sat August 12, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
- Advance Adult Tickets - Members - $20.00
- Advance Adult Tickets - Non-Members - $25.00
- All Tickets Day Of (if available) - $30.00
Brucemore Ticket and Weather Policy
- An event may be canceled by Brucemore if, in its sole judgment, extreme weather or other conditions could jeopardize the safety of visitors, volunteers, performers, and staff. Generally, rain or snow flurries would not lead the event to be canceled; however, extremely heavy rain, thunder and lightning, very strong wind, blizzard conditions, heavy icing, or a prediction of such conditions could force the event to be canceled.
- Outdoor performances may be delayed to allow for the passing of a brief shower or may continue as scheduled during a light rain. If staff determines that conditions warrant canceling an event, a message will be posted on Brucemore's website and voicemail. Local media will be notified and asked to make an announcement.
- If Brucemore cancels before the event, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available) or a request may be made to credit the value of the tickets as a tax-deductible contribution to Brucemore.
- If an event is in progress, every effort will be made to complete the performance in progress.
- If a performance is canceled before intermission, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available). There are no ticket refunds or exchanges for shortened, interrupted, or delayed performances past intermission.
- All sales are final. No refunds are available. However, returned tickets may qualify as a tax deductible donation if returned to Brucemore before the event begins.
This August, see and hear what happens when Brucemore celebrates the 15th year of Cabaret in the Courtyard. The back-to-back weekends will feature two different performances created specifically for Brucemore.
Dates: August 10 - 12, 7:30 p.m.
in the key of A
featuring Abby, Amy, and Alisabeth
In the key of A, kicks off the series by bringing back stars of their own individual Cabarets and adding new talent to the stage that Iowa audiences will be able to say - I knew her when.
Amy Friedl Stoner and Alisabeth Von Presley have taken very different musical roads but they both started here in Eastern Iowa. Alisabeth, with the release of her second solo album Diamonds in the Black and its 2017–2018 tour, continues to chart the course of “glitter rock.” With the debut of her show Dreamchaser in New York City this past March and its continuing tour, Amy keeps the Cabaret music world on its toes and audiences on their feet.
For this one-weekend-only special presentation, the two masters of their domains are going to mix it up and dive head first into each other’s musical arena. Abby Zeets, an eastern Iowa native, who at 15 already has a production credit list longer than most professionals three times her age, joins the two ladies, adding her own special musical theater dynamic. Having just starred in Fun Home and as the female lead in School of Rock at Giving Tree Theater, Abby has the range to keep up with and push Amy and Alisabeth.
Joined by a four-piece all-star band, watch what happens when these three powerhouses mix it up and cover everything from Broadway to Beijing in the key of A.
Dates: August 17 - 19, 7:30 p.m.
featuring Anna, Heather, and Kelsey
Performance and Ticket information:
- Performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Parking is available on-site beginning at 7:00 p.m. by entering the property at 2160 Linden Drive SE
- Advance ticket prices
- $20 per Brucemore member purchased in advance
- $25 per adult purchased in advance
- $30 per ticket purchased the day of the show, if available.
- Tickets are non-refundable. See weather and refund policy linked above.
- Groups of five or more with tickets purchased by one person will have a reserved table under the ticket purchaser’s name. Groups of five or more who purchase tickets by multiple people will be seated together as space allows.
- Seating around tables provided for all patrons.
- Audiences are encouraged to bring their favorite beverages; small coolers that fit under a chair allowed).
- No pets allowed.
Sponsors: Bankers Trust and UFG Insurance
Media Sponsor: Corridor Business Journal