Brucemore Outdoor Children's Theater: Alice in Wonderland
When: Wed August 02 - Sat August 05
Where: Peggy Boyle Whitworth Amphitheater at Brucemore
- Wed August 02, 5:30pm - 6:15pm
- Wed August 02, 7:30pm - 8:15pm
- Thu August 03, 5:30pm - 6:15pm
- Thu August 03, 7:30pm - 8:15pm
- Fri August 04, 5:30pm - 6:15pm
- Fri August 04, 7:30pm - 8:15pm
- Sat August 05, 5:30pm - 6:15pm
- Sat August 05, 7:30pm - 8:15pm
- Person (1+) - $5.00
Brucemore Ticket and Weather Policy
- An event may be canceled by Brucemore if, in its sole judgment, extreme weather or other conditions could jeopardize the safety of visitors, volunteers, performers, and staff. Generally, rain or snow flurries would not lead the event to be canceled; however, extremely heavy rain, thunder and lightning, very strong wind, blizzard conditions, heavy icing, or a prediction of such conditions could force the event to be canceled.
- Outdoor performances may be delayed to allow for the passing of a brief shower or may continue as scheduled during a light rain. If staff determines that conditions warrant canceling an event, a message will be posted on Brucemore's website and voicemail. Local media will be notified and asked to make an announcement.
- If Brucemore cancels before the event, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available) or a request may be made to credit the value of the tickets as a tax-deductible contribution to Brucemore.
- If an event is in progress, every effort will be made to complete the performance in progress.
- If a performance is canceled before intermission, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available). There are no ticket refunds or exchanges for shortened, interrupted, or delayed performances past intermission.
- All sales are final. No refunds are available. However, returned tickets may qualify as a tax deductible donation if returned to Brucemore before the event begins.
Alice in Wonderland is the timeless tale of rhyme with no reason, a land with no season, and plenty of silly for silly's sake. Join Alice as she journeys through the looking glass, down the rabbit hole to a world of grinning Cheshire cats, tea parties with the Mad Hatter and March Hare, and into the royal court to meet the Queen of Hearts.
Alice in Wonderland
Adapted by: Joe Link
Directed by: Steven Tolly and Nicolas Hayes
Presented by: Playtime Poppy Children’s Theatre
Presenting Sponsor: US Bank
Media Sponsor: ImOn Communications
Performance and Ticket Information:
- Performances August 2, 3, 4, 5 at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Parking is available on-site beginning thirty minutes before each performance by entering the property at 2160 Linden Drive SE.
- Admission is $5 (ages 1+). Tickets available at the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable. See weather and refund policy linked above.
- Audiences are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- Snacks and beverages are welcome; large coolers and picnics are discouraged due to the level of interactivity.
- No pets allowed.
Playtime Poppy Children’s Theatre entertains, educates, and engages our community to inspire a lifetime love of theatre for all. Since 1951, Playtime Poppy Children’s Theatre has presented educational theatre programming for children and families in our community. From its inception, dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers have provided the creative energy and supportive crew needed to bring each season of Playtime Poppy to life. In partnership with Jefferson, Kennedy, and Washington High Schools, Playtime Poppy presents three children’s theatre productions annually. Throughout the year, Playtime Poppy offers engaging educational theatre experiences through special matinee performances, Operation Backstage!, One Great Line, and the Summer Theatre Adventure. More information about Playtime Poppy productions and programming can be found at www.playtimepoppy.org.
Photo by Struttmann Photo