- This event has passed.
Mansion Tour (Self-Guided)
February 3 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until May 29, 2022
Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Queen Anne style mansion located at the heart of the Brucemore estate and only a few miles from downtown Cedar Rapids. Dive into more than a century of history and learn about the lives of three influential families who helped build their community. Many guests spend between 30-45 minutes for their visit. Tours include a tour book and knowledgeable staff and docents in the house to answer questions. After your tour, visit the grounds at no additional cost.
- $10 per adult
- $5 per student
- Brucemore members receive a discount – please “sign-in” or call (319) 362-7375.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday – Sunday with entry times at 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 PM. through May 29
- Each tour time has limited capacity.
- The mansion will be closed beginning June 1, 2022, to allow a geothermal system to be installed to replace an aging boiler system. The mansion will re-open in the fall of 2022. A new outdoor tour of the estate will be offered throughout the summer to provide another option to experience the estate and its history.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Safety: Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so. Read our full COVID policy here.
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE, and follow signs toward the mansion. There is on-site parking a short walk away. (Update: Beginning May 1, 2022, the gate at Linden Drive will be closed due to landscape restoration activities. This is expected to take two weeks. Please follow signs at the Linden gate to enter the property via Dows Lane.)
- Check-in: Please arrive at the mansion at your entry time. Early admittance may not be possible; late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Guests may be asked to leave coats and large bags with staff at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2022 TOUR SEASON SPONSORS:
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Mercy Medical Center
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy