- This event has passed.
Explore the Landscape
April 4 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until September 30, 2022
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 30, 2022
The 26-acre landscape highlights a variety of experiences to enjoy throughout the year! Free and open to the public seven days a week for a majority of the year, visiting the grounds offers the perfect way to immerse yourself in a historic country estate in the heart of Cedar Rapids. Stroll through the gardens, picnic on the lawn, birdwatch on a woodland path near the pond, examine the architecture of the mansion and servants’ village, discover the multi-stage geocache, or take in the history of the site with interpretative panels scattered across the grounds. Don’t forget to take a selfie (or two) and tag us on social media!
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
*Hours are subject to change seasonally or for special events, holidays, and other occasions.
- We love furry friends, but please keep dogs on lead at all time and pick up after them.
- There are no garbage cans outdoors; please carry out anything you bring onto the site.
- Parking for vehicles is available in paved spaces near the Visitor Center or mansion.
- Public restrooms are available in a building next to the Visitor Center.
- The buildings and grounds sustained significant damage during the August 2020 derecho. Thank you for your understanding as we work to recover. Help by donating here.
View our COVID Policy