- This event has passed.
In Her Steps: Women’s History Tour
March 31 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
One event on March 31, 2022 at 5:30 pm
One event on April 14, 2022 at 5:30 pm
This tour is sold out! We apologize for the inconvenience.
Brucemore’s history was built and sculpted by a number of incredible women. Join us on this specialty tour that highlights the lives of those women as a means of sharing the history of the estate while also discussing topics of gender, class, and philanthropy. “In Her Steps” offers unique insight into the women of the estate; from the woman who built the mansion to the woman who entrusted it to the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Space is limited for this tour, and tickets are only available for pre-sale. This tour lasts 90 minutes, includes indoor and outdoor portions, and takes visitors to multiple floors of the mansion.
- $15.00 per adult
- $10.00 per student
- Brucemore members receive a $5 discount per ticket, quantity based on level – please “sign-in” using the link in the upper right corner to apply member discounts or call (319) 362-7375.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT
- Tour: This tour last 90 minutes and takes visitors to multiple floors of the mansion, including time outdoors.
- Safety: Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so. For more details, read our full COVID policy here.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, the historic mansion is not accessible by wheelchair at this time. This tour is not recommended for young children or people who have trouble climbing stairs.
- Arrival and Check-In: We ask that you arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE, and follow signs towards the mansion to park. Guests may check-in at the mansion.
- Bags: We are unable to store personal possessions while you are on the tour, including coats. You may wish to consider leaving large bags or other items locked in your vehicle.
- Weather: A portion of the tour program occurs outside. Please dress for the weather.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks, or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Preservation in Action: Your participation in our programming is a key component of preserving the site. We are in the midst of a multi-year project to address preservation concerns on the mansion exterior as well as to recover following the damages that occurred from the 2020 derecho storm. Rooms and parts of the property may be unavailable during your visit. We invite you to watch this work as it progresses, and appreciate your patience and understanding. If you’d like to make a donation to support these efforts, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2022 TOUR SEASON SPONSORS:
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Mercy Medical Center
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy