- This event has passed.
Holiday Nights (Extended Self-Guided Tour)
December 16, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Sunday and Thursday, repeating until December 19, 2021
One event on December 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Experience the evening ambience of the 1886 Queen Anne mansion by tree light while enjoying holiday music on the 1920s player pipe organ. Take a peek at how the Douglas family lived more than a century ago while exploring the three main floors plus basement Tahitian Room and Grizzly Bar. This tour is a self-guided experience of the mansion with interpretive materials and family friendly interactives included. Stationary guides will be available to answer questions.
- $15 per adult ticket
- $10 for per youth ticket
- Brucemore members receive a discount by logging in using the email associated with your membership. Call (319) 362-7375 for assistance or to purchase over the phone.
- Tickets will not be available for purchase at the door.
- Sunday, December 19 (sold out)
- Wednesday, December 22 (sold out)
- Entry times at 5:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 6:00 PM, 6:30 PM, 7:00 PM, and 7:30 PM
Looking for other opportunities to visit Brucemore this holiday season?
View our calendar to view daytime options for self-guided holiday tours.
Important information for your visit:
- Safety: Masks will be required at all times for ages 2+. Patrons without masks will not be admitted. Patrons without masks will be offered one free of charge. Capacity will be limited, and groups asked to keep a respectful distance from other patrons. Read our full policy here.
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE. There is on-site parking near the Visitor Center and mansion.
- Check-in: Patrons with tickets already purchased should arrive at the mansion at their entry time. Early admittance may not be possible due to limited space and COVID mitigation. Late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Please leave large bags in your car. Guests may be asked to leave coats and large bags with staff at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy