- This event has passed.
Explore the Grounds
September 24 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until December 31, 2021
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until December 31, 2021
The 26-acre landscape highlights a variety of experiences to enjoy throughout the year! Free and open to the public seven days a week for a majority of the year, visiting the grounds offers the perfect way to immerse yourself in a historic country estate in the heart of Cedar Rapids. Stroll through the gardens, picnic on the lawn, birdwatch on a woodland path near the pond, examine the architecture of the mansion and servants’ village, discover the multi-stage geocache, or take in the history of the site with interpretative panels scattered across the grounds.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
*Hours are subject to change seasonally or for special events, holidays, and other occasions.
- Keep dogs on lead at all times.
- Remove any waste from the site.
- Park vehicles in paved spaces near the Visitor Center or mansion.
- Public restrooms are available in a building next to the Visitor Center.
- The buildings and grounds sustained significant damage during the August 2020 derecho. Thank you for your understanding as we work to recover. Help by donating here.