Becoming Brucemore: A Walk through History
July 3 @ 2:30 pm - 3:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:30 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until August 28, 2022
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Thursday and Friday, repeating until July 10, 2022
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Sunday, repeating until August 28, 2022
An event every week that begins at 2:30 pm on Sunday, repeating until August 28, 2022
One event on July 14, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on July 15, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on July 21, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on July 22, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on July 28, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on July 29, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 4, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 5, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 11, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 12, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 18, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 19, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 25, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on August 26, 2022 at 1:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Saturday, repeating until August 28, 2022
One event on July 16, 2022 at 2:30 pm
One event on July 23, 2022 at 2:30 pm
One event on July 30, 2022 at 2:30 pm
One event on August 6, 2022 at 2:30 pm
One event on August 13, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on August 20, 2022 at 12:30 pm
One event on August 27, 2022 at 12:30 pm
This summer, experience the history of the estate like never before. Guided by staff, this 45-minute outdoor walking tour will share a century of stories – from the widow who built the mansion to the stewards preserving the site today. Learn about the families who called the mansion home, see preservation in action all around the site, enjoy the inspiration of the gardens and landscape, and rediscover the modern impact of Brucemore on Eastern Iowa.
- $10 per adult
- $5 per student
- Brucemore members receive a discount- please “sign-in” or call (319) 362-7375.
Dates and Times through July 10, 2022:
- Thursdays – Saturdays with start times at 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM
- Sundays with start times at 12:30 and 2:30 PM
Dates and Times July 11 – August 28, 2022:
- Thursdays – Fridays with start times at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM
- Saturdays with start times at 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 2:30 PM
- Sundays with start times at 12:30 and 2:30 PM
Note: The mansion will be closed to the public until the fall of 2022 to allow a geothermal system to be installed to replace an aging boiler system. The re-opening date will be announced as more information is available about the conclusion of the project.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Safety: Masks are optional. Anyone who wishes to wear a mask is encouraged to do so. Read our full COVID policy here.
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE, and follow signs toward the Visitor Center. There is on-site parking a short walk away.
- Check-in: Please arrive at the Visitor Center a few minutes before your tour start time. Tours will start promptly on time; late arrivals may be subject to a shortened tour. Guests arrive 10 or more minutes late may be asked to wait until a later tour time, based on availability, or asked to reschedule their tour for a different date.
- Weather: This tour occurs fully outdoors and may be held in light rain. We encourage all patrons to pay attention to the weather forecast and dress appropriately. If the tour needs to be delayed or cancelled due to weather, a decision will be made an hour before your scheduled tour time. Guests who purchased their tickets in advanced will be notified by the phone number provided at ticket purchase. There will be no refunds, only exchanges to another tour time or date if possible. Learn more about our ticket policies here.
- Bags: Please leave all large bags locked in your vehicle. Staff is unable to hold personal belongings during the tour.
- Accessibility: This is a 45 minute walking tour with short periods of standing in place. Parts of the tour will be on paved surfaces, while other parts may have guests walking across uneven ground, in the gardens, or on mulched trails. Please make the best decision for your party with this knowledge.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from enjoyment of others.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion and to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO BRUCEMORE’S 2022 HERITAGE PROGRAM SPONSORS:
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Mercy Medical Center
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy