- This event has passed.
A Brucemore Christmas (Self-Guided Tour)
November 27 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until December 31, 2021
Enjoy the splendor of the 1886 Queen Anne mansion decorated in almost every room for Christmas. Take a peek at how the Douglas family lived more than a century ago while exploring the first three floors on your own at your own pace. This tour is a self-guided experience of the mansion with interpretive materials and family friendly interactives included. Stationary guides will be available to answer questions.
After your tour, put on your hat and gloves to visit the grounds at no additional cost. The mansion grounds include a formal garden, a white garden, orchard, pet cemetery, and more that are especially beautiful after a snowfall.
- Tickets on sale November 1, 2021!
- $10 per adult ticket
- $5 for per youth ticket (up to age 18)
- Brucemore members receive a discount by logging in using the email associated with your membership. Call (319) 362-7375 for assistance or to purchase over the phone.
- Tickets may be available for purchase at the door, subject to limited availability.
- Thursdays– Sundays, November 26 – December 30
- Entry times at 12:00 PM, 12:30 PM, 1:00 PM, 1:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:00 PM
- Closed December 24, 25, and 26
Upgrade your tour to see and hear more of the house!
Interested in listening to holiday music on the 1929 player pipe organ and seeing the basement with Tahitian Room and Grizzly Bar, too? Upgrade your tour by purchasing tickets for a holiday evening mansion tour.
Important information for your visit:
- Safety: Masks will be required at all times for ages 2+. Patrons without masks will not be admitted. Patrons without masks will be offered one free of charge. Capacity will be limited, and groups asked to keep a respectful distance from other patrons. Read our full policy here.
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE. There is on-site parking near the Visitor Center and mansion.
- Check-in: Patrons with tickets already purchased should arrive at the mansion at their entry time. Early admittance may not be possible due to limited space and COVID mitigation. Late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Please leave large bags in your car. Guests may be asked to leave coats and large bags with staff at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.
View our Ticket Policy
View our COVID Policy