CR Museum Week
When: Mon June 12 - Sun June 18
Where: Brucemore Mansion
Brucemore Ticket and Weather Policy
- An event may be canceled by Brucemore if, in its sole judgment, extreme weather or other conditions could jeopardize the safety of visitors, volunteers, performers, and staff. Generally, rain or snow flurries would not lead the event to be canceled; however, extremely heavy rain, thunder and lightning, very strong wind, blizzard conditions, heavy icing, or a prediction of such conditions could force the event to be canceled.
- Outdoor performances may be delayed to allow for the passing of a brief shower or may continue as scheduled during a light rain. If staff determines that conditions warrant canceling an event, a message will be posted on Brucemore's website and voicemail. Local media will be notified and asked to make an announcement.
- If Brucemore cancels before the event, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available) or a request may be made to credit the value of the tickets as a tax-deductible contribution to Brucemore.
- If an event is in progress, every effort will be made to complete the performance in progress.
- If a performance is canceled before intermission, tickets may be exchanged for another performance of the same event (if space is available). There are no ticket refunds or exchanges for shortened, interrupted, or delayed performances past intermission.
- All sales are final. No refunds are available. However, returned tickets may qualify as a tax deductible donation if returned to Brucemore before the event begins.
The Cedar Rapids area is home to wonderful museums that share the stories of our people and our history. Celebrate Museum Week by attending special events and programming from June 12-18, 2017. It is a fun-filled opportunity for family and friends to get out and explore all the arts and cultural amenities the Cedar Rapids community has to offer. Stay up to date on the Cedar Rapids Museum Week Facebook Page and post your photos using the hashtag #crmuseumweek!
CR Museum Week Activities at Brucemore!
- “Buy-One-Get-One” guided tours of the Brucemore mansion during CR Museum Week!
- Tours begin at the top of each hour:
- Wednesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- The last tour begins at 3:00 p.m.
- $9 per adult
- $3 per child (ages 6 - 18)
- Free for Brucemore members
- Free for children 5 and under
- Tickets can be purchased in the Visitor Center
- Group tours cannot be scheduled during this time. Tours accommodate 15 people per group. Tours are on a first come, first serve basis.
Check out the other museums participating in #CRMuseumWeek!
- African American Museum of Iowa
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
- The History Center
- Iowa Mason Library & Museum
- National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
- Veterans Memorial Building.